Melbourne, Australia, 3006
Joined on June, 2013
Weekdays after 5PM
Up to 5 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationMD - Doctor of Medicine at the University of Melbourne (2015).
Bachelor of Science - Physiology and Mathematics Major at McGill University in Canada (2011).
ExperienceEXPERIENCED TUTOR. MEDICAL STUDENT. NATIVE FRENCH SPEAKER.
- I can tutor any student from year 7 to VCE level.
- I am a native French speaker so this will surely be helpful in terms of preparation for the Oral component of the VCE French exam.
- I have tutored many VCE-level students in Math (Calculus I, II, and III) and Physics (Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Waves and Optics) in Canada from October 2007 to May 2008.
- I have also worked as a counselor in a summer day camp with children between the ages of 8 and 10 for two months in 2006.
- I am co-author on a study on physics/science education, published in the American Journal of Physics in 2011 (see title of the paper in Hobbies/Interest section).
- I have a valid Working With Children Check as this is a requirement for my medical studies.
- I also have a valid First Aid/First Responder certificate.
HobbiesI love to ride bicycles. In July 2010, I rode my bicycle 284km in two days, from Montreal to Québec City (Canada), in a fundraiser benefiting cancer research. I managed to raise $2500 for the cause.
I also have a passion for public health and research. In June 2010, I traveled to rural Panama to set up health clinics with other volunteers and provide locals with basic medications (e.g. anti-fungals, analgesics, etc) and medical check-ups. I have also been involved in education research since 2010 and medical research since 2011. I have a particular interest in studying emotional memory (for which I am currently doing a Master of Science degree in Psychiatry at McGill University in Canada) and career pathways of medical graduates (for which I received a grant from the Medical Deans of Australia and New Zealand to lead a project).
N Lasry, S Rosenfield, H Dedic, A Dahan and O Reshef. The puzzling reliability of the Force Concept Inventory. Am. J. Phys., Vol. 79, No. 9, pp. 909-912 (2011).
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.