Education- VCE – Melbourne High School
(Awarded WB Woodfull Scholarship for Year 11-12; achieved high 40’s for English, Maths Methods and Further Mathematics.)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Marketing), Monash University
(completed 2.5 yrs – Awarded top student Integrated Marketing Communication)
- Bachelors of Philosophy, Politics and Economics, La Trobe University
(Awarded Dean’s Commendation, Faculty of Business, Economics and Law, also inducted into Golden Key Society, graduated with High Distinction average)
- Master of Arts (Philosophy), University of Melbourne, Commencing 2015
ExperienceBesides taking life one day at a time and being a sports fantic - I have lectured and tutored Macroeconomics/Political Economy at La Trobe University, receiving the top rank in the student feedback and satisfaction surveys, in comparison to all the staff.
With over 7 years combined experience in tutoring VCE, GAMSAT and University students on a variety of subjects, I have always inspired students to attain a level of confidence in developing personal, analytical and comprehension skills in dealing with the subject matter.
I have taught and catered well for people with disability, learning difficulties, exam anxiety and have always taken special care with my students - with whom I feel extremely proud when they excel!
I specialise in the humanities, social sciences and English for the following:
1. GAMSAT: Medical School entry
Over the past few years, I have been tutoring Section I & II with numerous students receiving offers for Medicine at a combination of Universities including The University of Melbourne, Deakin University, Monash University, University of Notre Dame, Bond University, UQ, and the University of Wollongong. While many of my students have received 70+ scores in the given sections, my aim is to nurture and guide them above and beyond what is expected to reach 80+. I have teamed up with Dr. Scott F. - the highest rated GAMSAT tutor here (see university tutor profile- Section III GAMSAT) who possesses professionalism and knowledge par excellence. For more information, please visit us at www.frasersgamsattuition.com.au.
2. University - I also help students through Bachelors level assignments and essays in all disciplines of Humanities and Social Sciences including Philosophy, Politics, International Relations, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, and among others History, as well as help editing, proof reading and writing concisely to word limits, the Masters thesis and PhD dissertations. I have successfully helped students achieve excellent marks on assessments ranging from a variety of backgrounds including assignments for Grad-Dip in Education, Bachelors of Nursing and PhD in Finance.
3. High school - I specialise in tutoring English, IB TOK, Literature, History, Politics, Philosophy, Economics, Media Studies, English language and both Methods and Further Mathematics. Numerous students of mine received study scores of 40+ in VCE and did exceptionally well in the International Baccalaureate.
- Lectured and Tutored at La Trobe University (Macroeconomics/Political Economy), where I received the highest ranking in the student feedback survey.
- I was also awarded the Dean’s Commendation for academic excellence (top 5 students in the faculty) and was inducted into the Golden Key Society.
I cater precisely on the strengths and weaknesses of each student, nurturing and guiding them to reach their potential. Having gone through the experience myself, there is nothing worse than being anxious before an exam or a deadline. For this reason, I always encourage a relaxed, enjoyable method of learning, one which allows the most effective and efficient retention and recall.
For GAMSAT Help - please visit us at http://www.frasersgamsattuition.com.au/index.php/about
HobbiesI love travelling and learning about new cultures, languages and history. I have been to 4 continents and am very keen to travel to north Africa next!
I am also passionate about social justice issues and have been involved with social work and community NGOs for the past 10 years. I still volunteer with two community organisations, and whenever I have time I help out with a local Food Bank for the homeless.
Along with my family, I love soccer and cricket - there is always a passionate debate around the dinner table! I also love Test Cricket - and if you are patient enough to watch Test Cricket - you are patient enough with any student! :)
SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2, IB Economics SL, IB Economics HL, IB Business & Management SL, IB Business & Management HL, Business, Technical Writing, Writing, COMPASS Writing Skills, ACT with Writing, SAT Writing, IB Global Politics HL, IB Global Politics SL, IB History HL, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, SAT Mathematics, PSAT Mathematics, English, ACT English, IB World Religions SL, IB Theory of Knowledge, IB Philosophy SL, IB Philosophy HL, IB History SL, Poetry Writing, PSAT Writing Skills, Persuasive Writing, IB Extended Essay, Essay Editing, Algebra 3/4, Algebra 2, Algebra 1, Advertising, GMAT, GMAT Integrated Reasoning, GMAT Quantitative, GMAT Verbal, LSAT Essay Section, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, PCAT Writing, Handwriting, GMAT Analytical Writing Assessment, Expository Writing, Fiction Writing, ACT Writing, Creative Writing, GRE Analytical Writing, Ethics, AP World History, College Essays
Client Reviews (3)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.