Melbourne, Australia, 3039
Joined on January, 2014
Any day after 5PM
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationAfter successfully completing my bachelor (honours) degree in Biomedicine, I am
currently focusing on a career in biomedical research. I am very interested in different
neurological pathways and neuronal functions, as well as human brain functions. I am
seeking a position that can help develop my research knowledge and skills in these
I'm an experienced private tutor who's has been teaching students aged between year 8 and year 12 for 5 years. I've done maths (including methods and specialist maths) as well as all three major science subjects (biology, physics and chemistry) in high school. I've continued to develop my maths and science skills through 4 years of University.
I am eligible to tutor junior and senior students for the following subjects:
- Physics (yr 8-10)
- Biology (yr 8-12)
- Chemistry (yr 8-10)
- Methods and specialists maths (yr 8-12)
Approach to tuition
I'm a very enthusiastic tutor who is always willing to help students to perform well academically. I do not just teach students how to solve questions but I try to make them to understand important concepts and show them how to approach different type of questions
I am highly computer literate and proficient with computer software for school assignments.
Experiences and General Skills
- I am committed to provide quality service as much as possible. I am a very experienced tutor and peer supporter, and when I help students, I try to provide them with the highest quality of service as possible (regardless of their background or nationality). I always try to be friendly and polite to people and stay professional whenever possible (if required).
- I have sound oral communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills were one of the key requirements to perform well during my honours degree. This includes excellent abilities to listen, interpret and convey information as well as providing information in a clear, accurate and appropriate manner. I am very competent with preparing oral presentation on a weekly basis.
- I developed many different skills that are required for a range of activities. These include sound decision-making, flexibility with time, people and circumstances and strong organisational skills. These skills allow me to maintain a high level of confidence in workplaces regardless of their environment.
- Excellent ability to resolve complex issues. During last year while I was doing my honours degree, I had to face many unexpected problems. This experience helped me developing ability to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to document all interactions and knowledge in an accurate and concise manner. Excellent documented knowledge and records were key to success for my honours degree, hence, I am excellent with documenting and recording important information and knowledge.
- I am very experienced with a fast-paced role or environment. I learned how to solve problems, work efficiently and manage pressure in a fast-paced environment during my honours year, which required the highest quality of results as possible with very limited time.
- I developed my written communication skills through a range of research assignments undertaken in 2nd and 3rd years of university. I developed these skills further during my honours year at Melbourne University. I am also effective in communicating with people via phone, chat and email, in which I developed during honours year.
- I know how to work with a set of protocols and guidelines. I had to work with a strict set of protocols and guidelines during my honours year. This required me to follow instructions appropriately and correctly for the benefit of everyone.
- I am very used to working in a team environment. I am always willing to share and discuss information with team members, and try to respond positively to their comments. I also learned how to be proactive to different situations. I am always open for new ideas and learning opportunities.
I am highly computer literate for many purposes. These include: research, communication, documentation, problem solving, data analysis and many more. I always look forward to working with new technologies and updating my computer literacy skills.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.