Education• Studying a Graduate Diploma in Indigenous Studies at Melbourne University.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts at Melbourne University. Majoring in Anthropology and Social Theory with a minor in Gender Studies
• Graduated in the top 4% of the state with an enter score of 96.25 from Genazzano FCJ college, Kew.
Study scores being:
English (40), Japanese (44), History: Renaissance (43), Psychology (39), Art (39).
• TESL (teaching English as a second language) Certificate at Holmesglen.
I have been tutoring VCE students in History, English and Psychology since '08
- Women's Office Bearer (student services), Melbourne University Student Union (2014)
• Voluntary English teaching, Himachel Pradesh, India (March- May 2010)
• Voluntary childcare worker and Kindergarten teacher, Kalingpong, India. (May- June)
• Voluntary tutor at the weekly ‘Friday night tutoring’ program held at At the St Ignatius' Parish hall in Richmond (2006-2008)
• Exchange student in Kobe’s obaiyashi seishem, Japan (2008)
• Volunteer at Kew community and Learning centre (2008)
• Volunteer at Mother of God Primary school, Ivanhoe (2008)
• Work Experience at the Royal Melbourne hospital, Radiology department (2007)
• Volunteer at Yarralee nursing home, Kew (2007)
• Received Genazzano FCJ College’s VCE art acquisition award (2009)
• Received First, Second and Third prize in the Royal Melbourne Show’s art exhibition. (2006-2008)
• Attended Kitty O’Kane’s art workshop (2007-2009) specialising in mixed media, oil painting, water colours and charcoals.
I would love to continue tutoring as I find it a particularly rewarding experience. I find that it really compliments class room studies as it gives students the opportunity to voice any difficulties or problems they are having. Personally, I find tutoring stimulating for my own studies, especially when students begin to grow their own interests in their chosen subjects.
HobbiesI like knitting, drawing and attending dorky things like choir for adults. I read a lot of dry social theory for my uni subjects so my favourite books are still the harry potter series as well as every now and then twilight- pretty much anything in the YA fiction genre actually. I'm pretty chatty and friendly and love gossiping over cups of tea. Also, I'm happy to talk over the phone with students and/or parents beforehand to see if we'll work well together and whatnot.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.